Thursday, September 19, 2013

New Series - Readings and Translations of 38 Latin Stories

One of the things that I have wanted to do for long time, but have not manage to do to this day, is going through Wheelock's Latin.  Hence, as a new series of posts, I will try to post works related to my work on this great text book.

To be more specific, I will be posting my readings and translations of the stories from a wonderful companion to Wheelock's Latin - Groton's and May's 38 Latin Stories.  These are abbreviated versions of classic Greek and Roman stories that reflects the grammatical concept learn in each chapter of the Wheelock's Latin.

For those interested in learning Latin, I highly recommend these two books, and hope you enjoy these posts.

4 comments:

  1. Please do not post translations of exercises from textbooks. It only fosters cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post your translations! Independent Latin learners (not school kids) need help translating. It's not all about teachers and students. There are ACTUALLY people who want to learn out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot. I have to use this text, now all my students will cheat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot. I have to use this text, now all my students will cheat.

    ReplyDelete